Sr. Reservoir Engineer
NON-OPERATED OIL DEVT & TECH SUPPORT
SR. RESERVOIR ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
Works with joint venture (PSA) partners in optimising field development. Follows up reservoir and well performance and prepares, jointly with the PSA operators, detailed integrated development plans for both matured and underdeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
• B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering supplemented with industry courses in petroleum engineering with strong computer skills and excellent written and spoken English. Advanced degree (M.Sc./Ph.D) is preferred.
Experience & Skills
• Preferable 12 years of experience with at least the last 8 years as a practicing Reservoir Engineer in an oil company, a large part of which should have been in reservoir simulation studies.
• Should be able to construct new models using numerical simulation packages such as Eclipse as well as evaluate and run existing models for field development. Sound knowledge of classical reservoir engineering techniques and experienced with computerized well test analysis using numerical and analytical packages such as Saphir or similar packages. Familiarity with other relevant packages such as MBal, Prosper, OFM, mapping and geostatistics will be an advantage. Experience in usual PC and Unix Workstation software. Knowledge of compositional simulation and experience with Enhanced Oil Recovery methods will also be an advantage.
• Expected to work independently with minimum supervision in accordance with QP standards and approved department policies, guidelines and procedures.
• Required to be a recognized authority in his discipline with detailed academic knowledge integrated with significant practical experience. In addition, the incumbent is required to have an in-depth knowledge of the other disciplines within the department. • Successful track record in planning, organizing and execution of significant studies and projects.
• Due to the complex nature of the job, substantial self-reliance and the ability to work with a high degree of independence are required.
• Ability to integrate disparate ambiguous data and analyses from a variety of sources and disciplines into a coherent working plan.
• A fundamental pre-requisite of the job is a comprehensive understanding and a clear demonstrable ability to optimally handle uncertainty.
• Be able to identify, source and validate primary engineering data.
• Be able to communicate effectively with the other disciplines identifying what information at what time and at what accuracy is required.
• Have a proven ability to work effectively in teams.
• The ability to identify the key leveraging variables in complex situations frequently involving multiple disciplines.
• Manage the sub-surface uncertainty through the anticipation of alternatives, quantifying exposure and maximising reward.
• Due to the operational nature of the position, the incumbent may be on site, or on call, for extended periods. The incumbent will need the mental rigor to deal with frequent disruptions outside working hours and to make optimal operational decisions regardless of the nature or timing of the disruption.
|Education||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree|
|Experience||12 + Years|