Kitchen General Manager
|Job type||Full Time|
Kitopi is the world’s leading managed cloud kitchen platform - we partner with restaurants and food concepts to help them expand beyond borders. Founded in 2018, our mission is to satisfy the world’s appetite and we currently work with over 150 brands.
Kitopi (pronounced: “Kee-Toh-Pee”) stands for Kitchen Utopia. We serve as enablers to our brand partners in the food market by providing services centered around (but not limited to) sourcing, preparing, producing, and packaging - working closely with our delivery partners to help deliver exceptional food, on our customer’s terms. We are able to achieve this with our in-built, pioneering cloud kitchen technology - a first-of-its-kind innovation.
Our services have also expanded beyond the kitchen to include groceries - Shop Kitopi, subscription-based meal plans, and a first-of-its-kind on-demand food court concept Mix ‘N’ Match. Kitopi currently operates more than 80 kitchens across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, and Bahrain, thanks to more than 2500 amazing Kitopians.
And we can’t wait for you to join us.
To meet Kitopi’s Kitchen goals, the Kitchen General Manager is responsible for running a profitable kitchen and for making sure the kitchen meets our standards of quality, speed and accuracy. The Unit Manager works with his team to set the kitchen goals and create the plan to achieve these goals, following up on their progress, and providing coaching and direction to improve their departments to improve the kitchen overall.
What You'll Do
- Along with Operations Manager, sets and oversees the achievement of business objectives.
- Ensures excellent kitchen operations in quality, speed and accuracy, to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Assigns tasks and keeps everyone accountable; oversees application of all processes as per SOPs.
- Achieves sales and profit targets for the kitchen.
- Ensures that all sanitation, safety and security policies are observed and enforced.
- Manages productivity and staff cost.
- Enforces strict compliance in line with the local municipality codes in the work place.
- Supports new initiatives or expansion plans.
- Acts as coach, accountable for recruitment, training, retention and engagement of the team.
- Oversees the growth and development of employees.
- Maintains effective working relationship between managers and team members.
Who Are We Looking For?
- 5+ years of relevant experience in operations and culinary management.
- Excellent knowledge of Food Legislation, Relevant Codes of Practice & Quality Standards and Health & Safety Legislation
- Restaurant and Kitchen Management experience.
- Strong background in a fast food and delivery environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills – able to speak and listen effectively; great written, verbal, and presentation skills.